Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
ryguy7272 ryguy7272 is offline

Default Formula Problem in macro

I think you need the full reference to the file. I see the file name, but
not the full path. Excel is searching for the file and can't find it.

Does this work for you?
='[Executive Phone List.xls]Sheet1'!$A$1

Start the macro recorder, open the source, reference, whatever, link, and
turn off the recorder.

Regards,
Ryan---

--
RyGuy

"Stephen" wrote:

Hi Folks,

This seems strange to me... I have a formula which works fine...
=IF('Executive Phone List.xls'!A5="","",'Executive Phone List.xls'!A5)
but when I try to insert that via a macro I get an error.

Range("A5").Select
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=IF('Executive Phone List.xls'!A5="","",'Executive
Phone List.xls'!A5)"

Produces:

#NAME?

TIA,