Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Office_Novice Office_Novice is offline

Default How do I hide rows based on spedific conditions? (VBA novice)

Be Glad Too...
It would look Somthing like this

Sub Marine()
If Range("PKG").Value = "Bulk" Then
Range("A187:A195").EntireRow.Hidden = True
Else
Range("A187-195").Hidden = True

"rwinter" wrote:

I would like to be able to automatically hide rows based on the value of a
particular cell in the same worksheet. I think that I should be able to do
this with a macro, but I have no experience writing my own macros, and need
thorough instructions for how to create/use a macros.

Here are some details about my excel 2003 spreadsheet: Close to the
beginning of the worksheet, there is a cell named PKG, this cell either gets
the value of "Pack of 1" or "Bulk". When PKG="Bulk", I would like rows
187-195 to be hidden, but I would like them to be displayed when PKG="Pack of
1". Could somebody please walk me through this?

Thanks!