Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] courtnml@gmail.com is offline

Default HELP!! Macro Deletes Last Interval

Ok,

I have a macro that adds column A and B for sequential time intervals
(Its confusing see the example)

IE:

Before the Macro is Ran;

column A column B

05:00 1
05:00 1
05:00 0

After the Macro is Ranl

column A column B

05:00 2

Therefore it takes the numbers in column B and adds them to the time
interval and creates a SUM...the problem with the macro is when it
gets to the last set of intervals it deletes it and finshes without
errors, therefore if I was to go all the way through the intervals of
00:00-24:00 I would end up losing the 24:00 interval PLEASE HELP!!! e-
mail me at if you want

Sub AnsweredMath()

Dim TimeInv
Dim cnt As Long
Dim total As Long

'sort the data
Range("A1").Activate
ActiveCell.CurrentRegion.Sort Key1:=ActiveCell, Order1:=xlAscending,
Header:=xlYes, OrderCustom:=1, MatchCase:=False,
Orientation:=xlTopToBottom, DataOption1:=xlSortTextAsNumbers

'Start at the second row - assumes will always be the first time
interval
Range("A1").Activate
TimeInv = ActiveCell.Value 'get the first range in the sheet;
assumes info starts at A1

While ActiveCell < "" 'while the current cell is not blank -
processes until it hits a blank cell

If ActiveCell.Value < TimeInv Then
ActiveCell.EntireRow.Insert 'insert a row and write out
values
ActiveCell.Value = TimeInv
ActiveCell.Offset(0, 1).Activate
ActiveCell.Offset.Value = total
total = 0 'reset total
cnt = 0 'reset cnt
ActiveCell.Offset(1, -1).Select 'go to the next row
TimeInv = ActiveCell.Value
Else
'capture count in varibles, then delete the row
cnt = ActiveCell.Offset(0, 1).Value
total = cnt + total
ActiveCell.EntireRow.Delete
End If