Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Hutchins Tom Hutchins is offline

Default Transferring specific data

It sounds like an advanced filter may be the best way to copy the data to a
new sheet. See Debra Dalgeish's excellent instructions (and even a video) at
http://www.contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html#ExtractWs

You could record yourself creating & applying the advanced filter, then
tweak the code generated to prompt for the filter criteria, output sheet
name, etc. If you get stuck, post the code and I will help you.

Hope this helps,

Hutch

"Jennifer" wrote:

I have a large worksheet, approximately 240 columns and 4000 rows. Sometimes
I need to create seperate workbook and add only specific columns where
specific criteria is met in some of the columns.
For example, if column B (column name "Date") = "01/01/2008"
and column AA (column name "Defect') ="Yes" and column CB (column name
"Type") = "Closed" and/or "Closed - No Action". I would like to pull those
rows of data into a new workbook or worksheet and copy/paste from there.

Is there some VBA code I can use. If someone could provide me with a basic
code, I could add form there. I already have a module written with all column
names identified. I am not real fluent at writing code but can update once
provided, pretty new at VBA.