Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Maury Markowitz[_2_] Maury Markowitz[_2_] is offline

Default Do NOT find in hidden rows?

I have a very large spreadsheet that contains a number of inter-row
formulas. A number of rows have to be included in order to make the
formulas work, but should not be displayed on-screen. We simply hide
these rows, which to our users effectively makes them disappear.

I found, much to my dismay, that hidden rows do not get searched in
code lookups using .Find. No one was able to offer an explanation for
why this would be or how to avoid it, so I resorted to unhiding every
row, doing the find, then re-hiding. Yuck.

Now I find to my equal dismay that the interactive Find command DOES
search in hidden rows. This is precisely the opposite behavior that we
want.

So is there any way to make this skip hidden rows? Is there a pref
somewhere we can set?

Maury