Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JLGWhiz JLGWhiz is offline

Default during a loop

P.S. The delay is in seconds.

"Kevin" wrote:

I did try modeless with no luck. mayber there is a different way to go about
this...
What I want to happen is to get a tap sound every millisecond that is
defined by the scroll bar value.
I would like to be able to change the scroll bar value as its tapping and
have it increase or decrease accordingly. And of course start and stop when
the button is clicked. Is there some way better than a simple loop to do
this?

Thanks again,
Kevin

"JLGWhiz" wrote:

What you can do is either set a limit with a counter or use the OnTime method
to turn it off.

"Kevin" wrote:

I'm trying to make what I thought was a simple metronome.

I have a userform with a scroll bar and a toggle button

The toggle buttonn is for the start stop. the scroll bar is for the time
value in between taps.

right now it is working when I start it but then I cannot click on the
toggle button again to get it to stop, or click on the scroll bar to change
the tempo value.

How can I run a loop and stiil be able to click on a button on the user form?

Here is my code...

Private Sub ToggleButton1_Click()
Do While ToggleButton1.Value = True
Sleep ScrollBar1.Value
Application.Run "tap" ' Plays C:\WINDOWS\Media\start.Wav
Loop
End Sub

Thanks
Kevin