Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Bigfoot17 Bigfoot17 is offline

Default Date-Text Format

Using cdate=Range("D6").Text gives me "5-Dec" and I am assuming that is
because the cell is formatted that way. I am trying to extract a 6-character
string no matter what the date. [i.e., "1-Jan" would yield "010108"].

Bernard Liengme seemed to be heading where I wanted to go and then retracted
his suggestion.

"Mike H" wrote:

Hi,

Apply a custom format of

mmddyy

You will have to refer to it as

ActiveSheet.Name = Range("A1").Text

using .value will give an error

Mike

"Bigfoot17" wrote:

I have a cell (Buttons!B4) that has a date (12/5/08) in it formatted to show
as 5-Dec.

What I would like to do is have this date, or any date in this cell, as a
6-digit text string (120508) so I can use it in the file name when saving the
file. Any suggestions appreciated.