Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JenIT JenIT is offline

Default Sum Time when not posted as time

I am copying data from a program generated report (no control over
output format). It represents time however...it does not have the
underlying formatting associated with time. I have tried applying all
of the custom time formats and nothing converts this. As this copy,
paste, sum will be part of a macro...I am posting here for some
help.
0:07:04
0:12:30
0:13:50
0:00:00
0:03:37

If I try to key in the same information...after going back this is
what the cell looks like when I try to change...12:12:30 AM but it
displays simply as 00:12:30 - so this data will sum. Mine willl
not.

Is there a way to make the copied data know that it is really time and
should have the correct format?????