Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
StargateFan StargateFan is offline

Default Search with "Workbook" and "columns" built-in somehow?

On Thu, 4 Dec 2008 15:25:01 -0800, JLGWhiz
wrote:

That last code that I posted does search the entire workbook, BUT, as soon as
it finds the first occurrence it stops, by design. It can be modified to go
on with the FindNext and to include the Replace action. I don't know if you
have looked in the VBE help files, but if you open the editor and click on
the question mark in the blue circle, you can find a lot of information on
Find and FindNext as well as Replace. Maybe you could then modify what I
gave you to do what you want. You will not get it from the dialog boxes.

But the odd thing is that it doesn't even go to the first found item
(?). It just lists it. Not very helpful that bit. <g

I reverted back to the simple script at the beginning that just brings
up the find box using a macro so that I could just use a simple
commandbar. I'll just have to live with that for now. I run around
in circles trying to figure out code <g. I'll just keep at it re the
tremendously tedious task of looking through the archives, too. I'm
afraid that the help files are of little help to me, you see. I can't
be the first one to need this so it's just a question of not giving up
and to keep trying to find the answer in the archives. Despite the
number of posts that start in the ngs, I spend a whole lot of time
doing that sort of thing before ever coming to the ngs.

Thanks much. :oD