Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
brg brg is offline

Default 'Can't find project or library' error

The tool was developed using Excel 2003 SP3, is this likely the problem? Is
there any way to fix this (other than updating to SP3)?

What am I looking for in References? The tool is entirely in Excel, doesn't
have any references or import any data from any other applications, and I
have the VBA and Excel 11.0 object library selected.
--
BRG

"Peter T" wrote:

Sounds like a missing reference problem (look in Tools, References), and/or
a project that was developed in a later version being used in an earlier
version.

When the error occurs a variable name is always highlighted, and
explicitly
defining the variable fixes the problem.

What is the variable type and what do you mean be explicitly defining fixes
it.

It's highly unlikely that the addin 'XY Chart Labeller' is implicated.

Regards,
Peter T

"BRG" wrote in message
Hello,

I have developed an application that runs without problems on a number of
machines, but I keep getting a 'Can't find project or library' error on
one
machine. The only difference between the machines that I can find is that
the problem one is running Excel 2003, SP2 as opposed to the others which
are
running Excel 2003 SP3.

When the error occurs a variable name is always highlighted, and
explicitly
defining the variable fixes the problem. Another application I have
developed without explicitly defining all variables works on the problem
machine. Another difference between the applications is that the problem
one
uses an add in called 'XY Chart Labeller'. I'd rather not have to go
through
all of the code and explicity define all variables. Any ideas on another
way
to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

--
BRG