Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
hurlbut777 hurlbut777 is offline

Default VBA Macro - Loop through folder and move files to other folders

I have 5 folders (ABC_Blue, ABC_Green, ABC_Red, ABC_Yellow, Results). The
folder named Results contains three files (Blue.xls, Green.xls, Red.xls).

I need to create a macro to loop through the results folder, and copy excel
files into the other 4 folders based on whether or not any part of the folder
name contains the name of the exel files. As an example, since ABC_Blue
folder contains Blue within its name, the Blue.xls file should be copied to
this location.

I would be one happy camper if the above could be accomplished, but I
wouldn't know what to do with myself if in addition some functionality could
be added to show any files within the results folder that were not copied
somewhere else. As an example, if there was an excel file name Purple.xls
within the Results folder, it wouldn't be copied to another folder because
there isn't one containing Purple within its name.

I know enough VBA to be dangerous, so if someone can help me get started I'm
sure I can muddle through the rest eventually.