Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Mike Mike is offline

Default Interior Cell Color Numbers

Thanks Jim

"Jim Thomlinson" wrote:

XL stores 56 colours (0 - 55). obviously your computer has more than 56
colours but that is the maximum number of colours that XL can keep track of.
By default XL starts off with a stock pallette, but you are free to change
those colours if you wish. So while we could give you a listing of the stock
colours if you have changed any of the colours then all bets are off.

Here is a mocro that you can run to get a listing of the current colours...

Sub ColourList()
Dim rng As Range
Dim lng As Long

Set rng = Range("A1")
For lng = 0 To 55
rng.Value = lng
rng.Offset(0, 1).Interior.ColorIndex = lng
Set rng = rng.Offset(1, 0)
Next lng
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Mike" wrote:

Can someone tell me where i can find the Interior Cell Color Numbers for
2003?