Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
DataHog DataHog is offline

Default Unexplained size increase

On your worksheets press Control+End (key) - this will take you the last used
cell. You will probably will find that you have 1000s of rows of blank data.
Simply highlight the blank rows and delete the rows. Then save the workbook
and check the file size.

Jim K

"Risky Dave" wrote:

Hi,

I've beend eveloping a quite complex spreadsheet that will be used as a
database and analysis tool (I realise it' snot the best application for this
- especially the former- but it's what I have to use). It has multiple pages,
several hundred lines of code and has suddenly jumped from about 400K to over
7M in size.

Can anyone suggest what might have caused this sudden increase in size?

There is currently no data populating the tool, so this appears to be all
pages and code, which doesn't seem right to me.

TIA

Dave