Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Mike H Mike H is offline

Default CountIf on not number values. How can I solve?

Hi Nicola,

I don't understand your data layout. You refer to

A= Surname and Name; B= Nationality; C to n= Days number

but don't say where these are
letters (like A, L, R etc stands for Absent, Leave, Rest etc).

This may point you in the right direction

To count English absence
=SUMPRODUCT((B1:B20="English")*(C1:C20))

To count Nicola's absence

=SUMPRODUCT((A1:A20="Nicola M")*(B1:B20="English")*(C1:C20))

Mike

"Nicola M" wrote:

Hi all.
Excel 2003.
I need to count not number values using criteria. In the cell to count I
have THis
count is to be for nation and I have nationalities in unsorted order in an
other cell. I can't use CountIf because cells don't contain number thought
the nation criteria is respected with this function. Using Count or COuntA I
count correctly the values but without the nation criteria. Even Using VBA is
there a way to solve this issue?
My sheet headers are on row 1. Data starts from Row 2 with the following
structu
A= Surname and Name; B= Nationality; C to n= Days number

Thanks in advance for every kind of help or suggestion and for my non
perfect English.
Nicola M.