Dave Peterson

But being a lurker is a good thing!

(Well, in the newsgroups <vbg.)

"JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" wrote:

Don't be a troll - that's a bad thing. ;-)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Scudo" wrote in message
k...
I love it, just never thought about asking, wish I had known about this 3
years ago....Ah well every day something new :-)
Pleased that the question was asked. and also that I troll these NGs

"JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" wrote in message
How cool is that!

BTW - who's Gary?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Gary''s Student" wrote in

message
Click on cell B2. The pull-down:
Window Freeze Panes
--
Gary''s Student

"JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" wrote:

My Excel skills aren't the best. I can do some real basic things but
because
I don't do a lot with Excel, I still need help.

Is there a way to freeze both a row and a column at the same time? We

use
Excel 2000 at work to keep track of available accrued STD (short-term
disability). The employees names are in the first column and the pay
period
is about row 6. I would like to be able to freeze the worksheet so
that

can still see the employee name and the pay period date without hiding
columns. (Sometimes you need to see when the employee used some of
that
time.)

I know I can do a split screen but my co-workers know less about Excel
than
I do. (They think I'm a computer goddess. Ha ha ha ha! Shhhhhhh!) I'm
afraid
that might throw them off.

--

JoAnn Paules