Frank

Sorry for all this but I am so very stressed, I have work to do, just some
lists with relavant data. No problem in excel 97. Anyway, obviously it is
some sort of preference or sometging. I have all set to defaults. I cannot
even type in a 18 digit number without this 7.40E+22
Please shoot me
Luke
"Frank" wrote in message
Sorry, forgot. I also tried ALL formats of the cells,rows. etc. I want
this I get stuff like this 7.4019E+22, not the numbers
thanks
Luke

"Frank" wrote in message
I am very upset, sorry
I am sure this is simple for most, but. I use excel more as a database. I
do not use many formulas etc. And it serves me well.
Excel 2003 why can I NOT paste a number into a cell???? without excel
messing with it. ex: 123497865 I want that pasted exactly as it looks. I
have tried all 4 paste options. It's driving me crazy.
I want excel to do magic whebn I choose, is this not possible?
Sucks really
Luke