Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Chet Chet is offline

Default Color cell font text based on cell type? How do it.

On Nov 21, 5:54*pm, JLGWhiz wrote:
Sub ColorSpecialCellsFont()
* *'The If statement avoids error message
* *Set myRange = Sheets(1).Range("b2:b6")
* *If Not myRange.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeFormulas).Count < 1 Then
* * *myRange.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeFormulas).Font.Col orIndex = 3
* *End If
End Sub

"Chet" wrote:
I can write vba code but this has me stumped. *Does anyone have an
idea how to format cell text color by the property of the type of cell
it is?

For example if the cell is a constant the font would be red, if the
cell has a formula in it then it would be blue, and if the cell is
linked to another part of the workbook then it would be green.

I would be greatful for any ideas.

Thanks,

Chet- Hide quoted text -

I kind of understand you are doing this, but how would i detect cells
where that particular cell is linked to another cell?