Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
SteveDB1 SteveDB1 is offline

Default filter two worksheets w/ the first as a controller

Hi Jason.
Here is what I'm using to filter two different worksheets. I use it daily,
and am very pleased with it. I even have one template worksheet with this
macro linked to it for the work that I do.

-----------------------------
Sub Filtration()

mv = Range("f3").End(xlDown).Value ' this sets the criteria.

'MsgBox mv- for verification.
Sheets("Sum").Range("A8:F8").AutoFilter field:=1, Criteria1:=mv '"12345"

mv1 = Range("a3").End(xlDown).Value
'this is my add-on to set a second criteria filter- Name of owner.

Sheets("SheetName").Range("A8:F8").AutoFilter field:=3, Criteria1:=mv1
'this takes in to account the owner name for a filter.

End Sub

-----------------------------
Let me know if you need any explanations. I obtained this from Don Guillett.

Hope this helps.

Best.
SteveB

" wrote:

On Sep 29, 8:43 pm, SteveDB1
wrote:
Ok, as a follow up, I did find, and try Advanced filtering.
It does not work for my desired purpose.
I tried selecting the range of interest on my detail sheet, and then the
criteria range on my summary sheet. It only allowed one item. No matter what
I selected on my summary sheet it did not change the filtered values of my
detail sheet.

I then reversed my process to set the range of interest on my summary sheet,
and criteria range on my detail sheet. Same-- nothing changed.

So, my next question then goes to:
Can filtering two worksheets linked together with one sheet being the
controller work?
Thank you.
SteveB.

I have the same issue and would appreciate any help at all on using
the filters on one sheet to control the same filters on other sheets.