Thanks for the response. I actually needs the very basics on how to even put
the formula in excel. I am doing this for a class and have no idea how to
use excel. I thought it would be easier than it is.

Thanks,

"Ron Rosenfeld" wrote:

On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 15:31:07 -0700, "V" wrote:

I need to create an excel spreadsheet using a math equation that has one
variable that is the denominator of a fraction. I need to be able to change
the variable every row. Ie - starting variable is 3 and last variable is
101. Any tips would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you

5 =CONSTANT/(ROW()-2)

As you copy/drag the formula down, the ROW()-2 parameter will increment by one
for each row. Adjust the 2 for whatever row your formula starts in.

--ron