Biff

Hi!

Not exactly sure what you want but try one of these and
see if it works.

This most closely resembles your explanation.

=IF(OR(A1="",B1=""),"",IF(A1=B1,"same",A1B1))

This is another possible interpretation:

=IF(OR(A1="",B1=""),"",IF(A1=B1,"equal",IF
(A1B1,"greater","less")))

The only suggestion I have is if A1B1 is TRUE, then A1<B1
has to be FALSE so there's no need to test for the
opposite condition.

Biff