Peo Sjoblom

There is no turn off for this, you can either preformat the cells as text or
precede the entry with an apostrophe '

Peo Sjoblom

(No private emails please)

"ahughf" wrote in message
I run a web query that imports soccer results to Excel. Unfortunately the
web
site formats the result as 3-1 for example. This text is automatically
converted to 03 Jan by Excel. I can't seem to stop this happening, even if
explicitly set the cell format to text. Doing so just converts the
contents,
which were a date, to the internal date number and if I re load the data
it
reverts to 03 Jan again. Does anyone know how I might get excel to leave
the
format of the cells alone?

thanks ahughf