Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Doug Glancy Doug Glancy is offline

Default Excel Named Ranges In VB.net

Wayne,

How about:
range("myRange").Cells(1)
or
range("myRange").Cells(1).address?

hth,

Doug

"Wayne N" wrote in message
Sorry, I think I asked the question wrong. I am using a datgridview
control
and load that with a named range in an excel worksheet. When I try to
write
it back to the worksheet I do not know how to start the data transfer
using
the first cell in the named range. When I just save the datagridview
data
it starts in Cell A1. I can hard code the for loop to offset the
destination
data to match the particular worksheet ok but I need to use this code
generically so need to be able to retrieve the start cell of a named range
and use that as offset in the for loop I have for writing the datagrid
view
data to the sheet.

Thanks for your help

"John Bundy" wrote:

I found this site as well, similar question, code posted at the bottom
http://www.xtremevbtalk.com/showthread.php?t=68291
--
-John
Please rate when your question is answered to help us and others know

"Wayne N" wrote:

I have a need to determine the start row and column of an excel named
range
using vb.net.

I have successfully loaded a named range into a datagridform and now I
need
to save it to the same named range I extraced it from.