Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default display message while code is running

Consider:

Sub Macro1()
ActiveSheet.Shapes.AddTextbox(msoTextOrientationHo rizontal, 255#, 99.75, _
202.5, 96#).Select
Selection.Name = "waitabit"
Selection.Characters.Text = "PLEASE WAIT"
Range("H5").Select
Application.Wait Now() + TimeValue("00:00:02")
ActiveSheet.Shapes("waitabit").Select
Selection.Cut

Gary''s Student - gsnu200812

"Bassman62" wrote:

How can I display a message while a macro is running and then have the
message automatically stop displaying when the macro completes.
Example: "Please wait while the list is updating."
I've tried MsgBox but this seems to require a user to click on "OK".
Thank you.
Dave