Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
manfareed manfareed is offline

Default New Sheet based on condition

Thanks for your replies. Sorry for not being clear earlier.
Need code to check for a new name in column F.
I will test John's code and let you know.
Thanks,

Manir

"john" wrote:

not sure if I've fully understood what you are trying to do an mikes comment
aludes to lack of clear info.

As stab in the dark something along the lines of following may do what you
want? but there again, could be miles off!

Sub NewSheet()
Dim sh As Worksheet
Dim NewName As String

Application.ScreenUpdating = False

RN = 27
With ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("Sheet1") '<< change as required

LastRow = .Cells(Rows.Count, "F").End(xlUp).Row

.Range("F27:F" & LastRow).Sort Key1:=.Range("F27"),
Order1:=xlAscending, Header:=xlGuess, _
OrderCustom:=1, MatchCase:=False,
Orientation:=xlTopToBottom, _
DataOption1:=xlSortNormal
Do

NewName = .Range("F" & RN).Value

On Error Resume Next

Set sh = Worksheets(NewName)

On Error GoTo 0

If sh Is Nothing Then
Worksheets.Add.Name = (NewName)
End If

RN = RN + 1

Loop Until .Range("F" & RN).Value = ""

End With

Application.ScreenUpdating = True

jb

"manfareed" wrote:

Hi ,

I need to sort data by column F [FROM F27]. Then create new sheets based on
each new name in column F.

Thanks