Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
joel joel is offline

Default macros for linking multiple workbooks to one workbook

Can you record a macro while you perform one link and post the code.

1) Start Recording from worksheet menu Tools - Macro -Record enw Macro
2) Perform you links
3) Stop Recording - tools - Macro Stop Recording
4) go to VBA wiondow and get Macro. Alt-F11 to get to VBA window. Find
macro in Module 1.

"dac803" wrote:

Joel,

I hope this is the information you asked for.

1.The names of the worksheets are 01-Dec thru to 31-Dec.
2.The source and destinations are a group drive with different access writes.
3. team names like West A for workbook names.

As with most work environments a workbook has totals of the whole area not
team names and different management levels require different formats.

--
dacbam

"Joel" wrote:

Linking into multiple workbooks slows opening a workbook. It is better to
just put the daily totals into the workbook. I need more information to help
write a macro

1) The names of the 31 worksheets
2) The source and destination locations of the data.
3) the worksheet name(s) in the monhthly total workbook

"dac803" wrote:

I have a workbook for each team with 31 worksheets in each workbook for each
day of the month. These workbooks are linked to a monthly workbook with a
row for each team. I am looking for a macro to run that will link daily
totals for each day into the monthly workbook. I hope this is clear.
--
dacbam