Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JLGWhiz JLGWhiz is offline

Default Disable update links prompt

You could, however, put a line in the Workbook.Open event like:

Application.AskToUpdateLinks = False

which would turn it off for them.

"Opal" wrote:

I have been searching through posts and cannot find
a consistent answer to this question. I am running
Excel 2003 and I would like to remove or disable
the "update links" prompt when the file is open.

I have gone to Edit - Links - Start-up Prompt -
and checked:
"Don't display the alert and update links"

which is exactly what I want to happen when the file
is opened by any of my multiple users, however the
alert comes up anyway.

Does anyone have any advise as to how to
disable this prompt?