Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
iashorty iashorty is offline

Default Yes/No Msgbx doesn't follow directions

The yes sequence is hundreds of lines long because it is basically saying
continue with the macro. This is why I was trying to put the 'no' first. The
'no is simply close; the 'yes' then ends the if and continues on.

"Mike H" wrote:

Hi,

Maybe something like this

Range("Person").Select
If Range("Person").Value < "" Then
Resp = MsgBox("The person you have selected already has comments." & _
Chr(13) & "Do you want to overwrite?", vbYesNo, "WARNING")
If Resp = vbYes Then
MsgBox "User pressed OK what do you want to do?"
Else
Windows("Personwin").Close
Exit Sub

Mike

"iashorty" wrote:

I have written the following lines:
Range(Person).Select
If Range(Person).Select "" Then
resp = MsgBox("The person you have selected already has comments." &
Chr(13) & "Do you want to overwrite?", 4, WARNING)
If Response = vbNo Then
Windows("Personwin").Close
Exit Sub
If Response = vbYes Then

Basically the person can change depending on the input. But, each person has
their own column and if the column already has comments, then I want to be
sure the user wants to write over these comments.

If the answer is 'no', then I want the window closed that was opened to
receive the comments (Personwin).

If the answer is 'yes', then I want the macro to continue with recording the
comments, etc.

When the macro runs and I click 'no', the macro continues instead of closin
the window and stopping.

Can someone please explain what I did wrong?