Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
mcambrose mcambrose is offline

Default Why does code run evry time any xls file is opened

I think I found what is going on. If I don't have a default printer set, then
the listbox comes up to select a printer. This may be something built into
Excel and not something I added. THanks for the suggestion.

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

To see if there is a macro problem, set you Security Level to High and then
start Excel. You will get a warning if a macro is trying to execute.

The macro may b in your Personal.xls, for example.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200812

"mcambrose" wrote:

When I first startup excel it runs a subroutine that asks me to select a
printer? I can't see any add-ins installed that have this loaded. If there an
application level event that happens every time a file is opened. I don't
know where to look to see where it would be installed. I would think it is
similar to workbook_open event, which is stored in a specific file. Where
would this be stored as an event for all xls files? Thanks for any
suggestions.