Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Alan Moseley Alan Moseley is offline

Default SaveAs - - provide option to Save As .xlsm or .xls

I think that your filefilter should be:-
"Excel Files (*.xls;*.xlsm), *.xls;*.xlsm"
--
Alan Moseley IT Consultancy
http://www.amitc.co.uk

If I have solved your problem, please click Yes below. Thanks.

"Barb Reinhardt" wrote:

I have the following snippet of code

filesavename = Application.GetSaveAsFilename( _
InitialFileName:=SuggestedName & ".xls", _
FileFilter:="Excel Files (*.xls), *.xls")

How would I need to change this supply a suggestedname for either XLS or
XLSM files. When I use this, it's only .XLS I think what I'm wanting is a
File Filter that includes xls and xlsm. Can this be done? If so, I guess I
need to change the initial file name somehow.

Suggestions?

Thanks,
Barb Reinhardt