Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
TEB2 TEB2 is offline

Default Code to get data from Yahoo Finance

If I paste the following code in the address bar in IE, I get a window asking
me if I want to open or save a csv file which has the monthly highs for the
stock for the time period specified:

http://ichart.finance.yahoo.com/table.csv?s=(insert stock
symbol)&a=12&b=01&c=2007&d=01&e=01&f=2009&g=m&igno re=.csv

Here's the issue. I have a list of 332 stock symbols in a spreadsheet. I
need the code that will insert the first stock symbol after "s=" in the above
address, save the file to a specific folder and loop thru the list till the
end.

I have to evaluate these stocks on a monthly basis to determine the
market-to-cost adjustment. This would be my final piece to fully automate
the process.

Thanks for your help!

Tom