Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Susan Susan is offline

Default Trouble figuring out how to Loop through a huge repetitive mac

i don't know what the limits are.............
sorry!
susan

On Nov 3, 3:04*pm, Don M. wrote:
Thank s to both of you. I kind of used a combination of everyone's
suggestions to fix the problem. I first figured out a way of looping through
the sequential print statements I have to have which cut down the number of
lines significantly. This got rid of the error for now. however, this is a
work in progress and will likely get much bigger. In that case, I will break
the macro apart.

For my own reference, what are the limitations for the size of the macro? I
tried copying the macro into Word and counted the characters and lines and
such, but did not see where the macro that was too long failed and the one
that I ended up with passed.

Don

"Susan" wrote:
AFAIK it's not a matter of too many variables, it's a matter of how
much text is in the macro/module. *that's why JLGWhiz can have such a
large macro & it runs fine - he's got it broken up into many different
modules. *if he tried to put it all in one macro and/or one module, it
would be too long.
if you break up your macro, as suggested, into different modules, you
should not encounter that error any longer.
best wishes!
:)
susan

On Nov 3, 12:52 pm, Don M. wrote:
Does the Procedure Too Large error result from too much text in the macro or
this a memory space thing? I thought this was all from having too long a
macro all this time. Do I just have too many variables?

Don- Hide quoted text -