Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default I would like to copy a date from one cell to another cell

You either have 0 X's or exactly 1 X' in each row of columns E:AJ?

If yes, then you could use a formula like:

=SUMIF(E3:AJ3,"x",$E$2:$AJ$2)
And format the results as a date (d-mmm-yyyy)

But you'll see 0 (0-Jan-1900) if there are no X's and you'll be adding the dates
if there are more than 1 X.

I'd use something like:

=IF(COUNTIF(E3:AJ3,"X")=0,"",
IF(COUNTIF(E3:AJ3,"x")1,"Too many X's",
SUMIF(E3:AJ3,"x",$E$2:$AJ$2)))

The cell will appear empty if there are no x's and give a warning if there is
more than a single X.

Dr. Darrell wrote:

I have a Spreadsheet which contains Weekly Dates from Cell E2 thru AJ2.

If I place an "X" in any of the Cells below these Cells I would like to copy
the date to Column D corrisponding to the Row which has the "X" in it.

i.e. If Cell G5 has an "X" in it I would like to copy the date in G3
(11/7/2008) to Cell D5 (7-Nov-2008)

Is there a standard formular or function to do this? If not could you lead
me down the right path?

--

Dave Peterson