JE McGimpsey

I've always had difficulty with that approach:

1) File is saved at 9/9/2005 14:45
2) File is printed at 9/9/2005 14:46
-footer says 9/9/2005 14:45
3) File is edited without saving
4) File is printed at 9/9/2005 15:02
-footer says 9/9/2005 14:45
5) File is closed without saving.
6) File is opened and edited without saving.
7) File is printed at 10/4/2005 12:00
-footer says 9/9/2005 14:45

One now has three different documents, all with the same date/time in
the footer with no indication of which occurred when. I'm not sure what
the utility is in credible business situations.

I've had clients ask for this before, but when I point out the above
scenario, they've always opted not to implement it.

In article ,
Tylast wrote:

It would be nice to have the LAST SAVED date/time in the footer info & not
just the current date/time. I know there's a crazy work around that involves
some code, but come on.