Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Bernard Liengme Bernard Liengme is offline

Default Copy & Paste & Clipboard in Vista Excel

Thanks for feedback
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Lin Kypta" wrote in message
I am managing airplanes under leaseback agreements. For each month the
logic
is rather involved. So I have only to work the hard problem once, and
then
do 12 copy and paste operations to be prepared for a full year of
operation.
Obviously it is much easier to do if I only have to do 12 paste
operations.
I understand your solution. Many thanks.
Lin

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

In earlier versions of Excel (and other MS products) you could always use
either the Windows clipboard (holds only one item) or the Office
clipboard
(hold many items, 24 1 believe, and holds Excel items after Paste)

Office 2007 is no different. In Excel 2007, to active the Office
Clipboard
use the Home tab, look at the Clipboard group (far left) and click the
launcher (small arrow next to the word 'Clipboard') to add a Clipboard
panel
to the workspace.

To Paste, click on of the items on the Clipboard.

Note if you have Excel open with this panel displayed and you Copy in
another MS application (such as Outlook Express) then the Office
clipboard
gets a copy of the material.

BTW: There is no Vista version - there is Excel 2007 which is independent
of
Vista.
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP
http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme
remove caps from email

"Lin Kypta" wrote in message
In my Vista version of Excel, the clipboard gets cleared after each
"paste"
operation. In earlier versions the clipboard is NOT cleared after each
paste
operation (very useful in putting together large spreadsheets). Is
there
any
way that I can tell my version of Excel to STOP CLEARING THE CLIPBOARD
after
each paste opn?
Many thanks
Lin