Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
dragonemp dragonemp is offline

Default can not save spreadsheet from a windows service on windows server

I have a service app that create excel spreadsheet automatically. this worked
on xp and windows server 2003. but now i need it work on windows server 2008.
When the service run to this line:
_workBook.SaveAs(excelPhysicalFilePath,Excel.XlFil eFormat.xlWorkbookNormal,null,null,false,false,Exc el.XlSaveAsAccessMode.xlExclusive,false,false,null ,null,null) ;
it always returns error "System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException
(0x800A03EC): Exception from HRESULT: 0x800A03EC"

however, I also has an windows form test app which runs exact same code, but
it works. So i wonder maybe the error is related to some new restriction
implemented for service/DCOM in windows server 2008, can somebody give me
some idea how to solve it?