Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Barb Reinhardt Barb Reinhardt is offline

Default Resizing a Range

You may want to use a dynamic range to do this. Take a look here for more
information

http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/200...ynamic-charts/
--
HTH,
Barb Reinhardt

If this post was helpful to you, please click YES below.

"Katie" wrote:

Good Afternoon,

I have a macro that each time someone clicks the "Insert Summary Lines"
button I want it to resize the original range. The macro will copy two lines
in the current range and insert them, right now I can only get the code to
select the range and not save it, so when you click on the button again it
reverts back to the old method. Here is my code:

Sub Insert_Rows()
Dim NumRows As Integer
Dim NumColumns As Integer
Dim S As Integer
Dim Summary_Sheet As Range
Dim Sample As Range

NumberofRows = Range("Summary_Sheet").Rows.Count
NumberofColumns = 15
S = 0
Set Sample = Range("Summary_Sheet")
Worksheets("Summary").Activate
Range("First_Cell").Activate
Set Sum_Description = Worksheets("Summary").Columns("C").Rows("7")
Range(Sum_Description.Address).Activate
Range("Summary_Line").Copy
Range("Summary_Line").Insert shift:=xlShiftDown, copyorigin:=True
S = S + 4
Range("Total_Summary").Copy
Range("Total_Summary").Insert shift:=xlShiftDown, copyorigin:=True

Do Until (NumberofRows = NumRows)
If (S 0) Then
NumRows = NumberofRows + S
NumColumns = NumberofColumns
Range("Summary_Sheet").Resize(Rowsize:=NumRows, ColumnSize:=NumColumns).Select
End If
NumberofRows = NumberofRows + S
Loop
ThisWorkbook.Save