Steve

My formula is this...where 2155 the criteria I want to include despite the
fact that in Column C there are multiply variations of that number such
as:2155-145, 2155-347, etc...... sometimes (this sheet is part of 110 other
sheets and they are filled out by various people sooooooo.... sometimes they
put 2155.145 and sometimes they put in a space between the hyphens so there
are many variations.... that I would like to include as long as they start
with 2155.

=SUMIF(C4:C40,2155,D4:D40)

Does this info change things? I know in searching for things you can put
*.* to do this but it doesn't seem to work here.

Thanks a million for your help

"Biff" wrote:

Hi!

What's your formula actually doing?

You could do both:

LEFT(A1,5)="20001"

OR

LEFT(A1,5)*1=20001

OR

--LEFT(A1,5)=20001

OR

ISNUMBER(SEARCH(20001,A1))

Biff

"Steve" wrote in message
In a sumproduct formula I have a criteria that is separated by a "-".

Example:

20001-345
20001-456
20001-500

I want to include all numbers that start with 20001 in the criteria
regardless of anything that follows it. Do I convert it to text and
surround 20001 in " "s?

Thanks for any and all help!!

Steve