Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
craigbelson craigbelson is offline

Default List box problem - from monitor resolution

Hi JLG -

I can actually run it and get it to work at the lower resolution on the same
computer. If I run my application at 1024x768, it works fine. If I change
the monitor resolution, no such luck. Same system, though - the only setting
that's changing is the monitor resolution.

-CB

"JLGWhiz" wrote:

I won't say definitely that resolution is not the problem, but I have never
experienced resolution being a problem with controls not functioning as
designed. And I have used programs for one screen resolution to another. If
the listbox displays properly, then if the underlying code is not flawed, the
listbox should function properly. Check your references to see if it shows
any missing on the system that does not work.

"craigbelson" wrote:

Hey all -

Long time lurker, first time poster - although I couldn't tell you how much
I've learned just from lurking on this board.

I'm working on an application using VBA in Excel 2003 and running into an
issue that I haven't seen anywhere else on the web. I have multiple tabs -
and depending on certain conditions being met, a listbox will show up on the
main menu with a list of skus for the user to choose from. Herein lies the
rub.

In our office, about half the employees (but all the people who would use my
application) have flat-panel monitors, capable of anything from 800x600 to
1280x1024. If they run my application in 1280x1024, the listbox won't work.
It will display and populate properly, but they can't choose anything from
it. If it's run at 1024x768, it's perfectly fine and functions normally. To
the best I can figure, it has something to do with the higher resolution -
but like I said, I can't find any information on this anywhere. I know I can
use pieces of the Windows API to get their resolution, but this hasn't helped
me develop a solution to the problem.

A temporary workaround would be for them to change their resolution to
1024x768 to use my application, but it's been communicated to me that that
would have to be temporary. Having them ALWAYS have to do that isn't an
option.

Anyone, thoughts, help, please? Is there some super-obscure command or
setting or something out there? Thanks in advance...

-CB

(also, if it matters - I created this listbox using design mode. I seem to
remember there being 2 different ways to create a listbox, but for the life
of me, I can't remember a) what they're called or b) what the other way is...)