Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Gary Keramidas Gary Keramidas is offline

Default Macros for some basic routines...

to modify your idea a little, i think this would be faster, as long as there are
no formulas evaluating to "" and there is always a header row:

Sub test4()
Dim ws As Worksheet
Dim lcol As Long
Dim i As Long
Set ws = Worksheets("Sheet1")
lcol = ws.Cells(1, Columns.Count).End(xlToLeft).Column
For i = lcol To 1 Step -1
With ws
If WorksheetFunction.CountA(.Columns(i)) = 0 Then
.Columns(i).EntireColumn.Delete
End If
End With
Next

Gary

"Dan R." wrote in message
For #3:

Sub test3()
lcol = Cells(1, Columns.Count).End(xlToLeft).Column
For i = lcol To 1 Step -1
Set found = Columns(i).Find(What:="*", _
searchOrder:=xlByColumns)
If found Is Nothing Then
Columns(i).EntireColumn.Delete
End If
Next i

Dan

On Oct 30, 1:25 pm, wrote:
Hi all,

I would like to know the macros some of the basic routines like:

1. Flip/invert ALL values in range A and paste it into range B.
i.e.
Range("B1").value = Range("A65536").value
Range("B65536").value = Range("A1").value

2. a) If all cells in a particular row is empty, then delete that
whole row.
b) If all cells in a particular range in a row is empty, then
delete the whole row.
For example, in range A2:A13 if A8 and A11 are empty, then
delete the entire rows 8 and 11.
For example, in range A15: A26 if A17 and A19 are empty,
then delte the entire rows 17 and 19.

3. If all cells in a particular column is empty, then delete the whole
column.

4. What would be the basic syntax to check each cell in a row...
Instead of "For each Cell Inthis Workbook.Worksheets",

a. I am looking for the syntax that will
Check for a particular value in each cell (256cells) )in a
row, perform a condition (I can manage this) and
then switch to next row, Check for a particular value in
each cell in that row, perform a condition etc... and
loop (65536 times) the same for all the other rows..

b. I am looking for the syntax that will
Check a particular value in each cell (65536 cells) in a
column, perform a condition and
then switch to next column, Check a particular value in each
cell in that column, perform a condition etc... and
loop for 256 columns..

Please let me know because I believe if I know this I will be able to
manage most of my issues with Excel VBA...
Any reference to any online material that would potentially answer my
questions would also greatly help.

Thanks, Kevin.