Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] ucanalways@gmail.com is offline

Default Macros for some basic routines...

On Oct 30, 1:12*pm, "Dan R." wrote:
For #3:

Sub test3()
* lcol = Cells(1, Columns.Count).End(xlToLeft).Column
* For i = lcol To 1 Step -1
* * Set found = Columns(i).Find(What:="*", _
* * * * * * * * * searchOrder:=xlByColumns)
* * If found Is Nothing Then
* * * Columns(i).EntireColumn.Delete
* * End If
* Next i

Dan

On Oct 30, 1:25*pm, wrote:

Hi all,

I would like to know the macros some of the basic routines like:

1. Flip/invert ALL values in range A and paste it into range B.
i.e.
Range("B1").value = Range("A65536").value
Range("B65536").value = Range("A1").value

2. a) *If all cells in a particular row is empty, then delete that
whole row.
* * b) If all cells in a particular range in a row is empty, then
delete the whole row.
* * * * * * For example, in range A2:A13 if A8 and A11 are empty, then
delete the entire rows 8 and 11.
* * * * * * For example, in range A15: A26 if A17 and A19 are empty,
then delte the entire rows 17 and 19.

3. If all cells in a particular column is empty, then delete the whole
column.

4. What would be the basic syntax to check each cell in a row...
* * * * * Instead of "For each Cell Inthis Workbook.Worksheets",

* * *a. *I am looking for the syntax that will
* * * * *Check for a particular value in each cell (256cells) )in a
row, perform a condition (I can manage this) and
* * * * *then switch to next row, *Check for a particular value in
each cell in that row, perform a condition *etc... and
* * * * *loop (65536 *times) the same for all the other rows..

* * *b. *I am looking for the syntax that will
* * * * *Check a particular value in each cell (65536 cells) in a
column, perform a condition *and
* * * * *then switch to next column, *Check a particular value in each
cell in that column, perform a condition *etc... and
* * * * *loop for 256 columns..

Please let me know because I believe if I know this I will be able to
manage most of my issues with Excel VBA...
Any reference to any online material that would potentially answer my
questions would also greatly help.

Thanks, Kevin.- Hide quoted text -

Hi Dan,

Thanks for your reply. Could you please throw some insight on 2b, 4a &
4b? Thanks again.