Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
redbird redbird is offline

Default concatenate problem

You could simply format the column as "0000000000" if it is for display only
(as long as the column contains only numbers)

"Lindy" wrote in message
The column has about 3000 rows so I need a way to do this for every row
in
the column considering variable length of the contents of the cells.
--
Lindy

"Nigel" wrote:

With number in cell A1 use this in another cell to create the string you
require....

=CONCATENATE(REPT(0,10-LEN(TRIM(A1))),A1)

Nigel

"Lindy" wrote in message
Help Urgent

I have a column with variable length numbers. I need to put these in a
new
column with leading zeros in front to make the length of the new cell
10.
Example for cell with 23, I need a new column to hold 0000000023.
--
Lindy