Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Gussie Gussie is offline

Default How to run a function from a variable

Daniel C, got it right.

The strSomeFunction is a string variable that will be loaded with the
function name which is stored in a table, then I can just run it

SQL statement
code
code
strSomeFunction = rsSource!FunctionName

Application.Run strSomeFunction

It works like a charm!

"Joel" wrote:

You can pass parameters in the Run Function.

Run strSomeFunction("ExportRecords")

You SQL statements in Access are string which can take parameter

Function strSomeFunction(Mytable as String)

SQL = ".............table(" & Mytable & ").........................."

end function

The query statements in Access are Strings. You can put a passed parameter
into the SQL string by breaking the string into pices like I done above.
"Gussie" wrote:

Hello everyone, I have been trying to dynamically run a function that is
stored in a variable (this comes from an Access table). To make to story
short:

strSomeFunction = "ExportRecords"

then I would like to call it:

Run strSomeFunction

There is no EVAL() function - I am not referring to the EVALUATE Excel
function.

Any ideas?