Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
clk clk is offline

Default Macro for Copying Data

On Oct 29, 1:50*pm, "ruic" wrote:
How about assigning the value from the old cell to a temp variable then
assigning the temp variable to the new cell.

TempValue = Sheet1.Cells(1,1).Value

Sheet2.Cells(1,1).Value = TempValue

The above will copy the value from A1 on sheet1 to A1 on sheet2.

--
Rui

"clk" wrote in message

I have two spreadsheets. *I need to copy a cell from one spreadsheet,
go to the other spreadsheet and find the number in that one and then
copy the contents of another cell back to the original spreadsheet.

Here is the code I have which works but requires some hands on copying
and pasting.

* Dim strToFind As String
* *Selection.Copy
* *strToFind = InputBox("Enter the code to find")
* ' TRIED TO GET THE ITEM I COPIED TO PASTE BUT I MANUALLY HAVE TO
HIT CTRL + V TO PASTE
* *INTO INPUT BOX AND THEN CLICK OK. *I WANT THIS STEP AUTOMATED.
* *'Selection.Paste
* *Windows("Full GL Mapping Oracle to SOS EDITED.xls").Activate
* *Columns("L:L").Select
* *Selection.Find(what:=strToFind, After:=ActiveCell, LookIn:= _
* * * *xlFormulas, LookAt:=xlPart, SearchOrder:=xlByRows,
SearchDirection:= _
* * * *xlNext, MatchCase:=False, SearchFormat:=False).Activate
* *ActiveCell.Offset(0, -3).Select
* *Selection.Copy
* *Windows("2005 beginningbalancesglpost2.fil.xls").Activate
* *ActiveCell.Offset(0, 1).Select
* *ActiveSheet.Paste

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. *I recorded this
macro and then started tweaking it. *I am open to any and all
suggestions.

Thank you.- Hide quoted text -

I tried changing it but then when it runs it has TempValue = true. I
will need to run this many times on one spreadsheet. I can't assign a
specific cell in the code.

Dim TempValue As String

TempValue = Selection.Copy
Windows("Full GL Mapping Oracle to SOS EDITED.xls").Activate
Columns("L:L").Select
Selection.Find(what:=TempValue, After:=ActiveCell, LookIn:= _