Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Simka Simka is offline

Default Copy the contents of variable into clipboard

Hi ron,

I'm not sure how to understand what you have written below, but I think you
are on the right lines and understanding what I am trying to achieve.

I'm not too familiar with Class Modules, I find them a little confusing. Can
you write the code in full so that I can copy it to modules/class modules and
then I can follow what you are thinking?

Cheers,

Simka.

"ron" wrote:

On Oct 28, 10:59 am, Simka wrote:
Hi everyone,

My head has gone blank. I am trying to copy the contents of a variable into
the clipboard.

ie:
value in clipboard = MyVariable

Can someone please remind me?

Try the following...ron

Dim mystring As New DataObject

my_var= "assign something to the variable"

mystring.SetText my_var
mystring.PutInClipboard
ActiveSheet.PasteSpecial Format:="Text"