Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
j j is offline

Default Move data to column based on startdate

Hi,
I'm using Excel 2007 and I'm trying to figure out how to write a macro that
will copy input data from one table (which is not date dependent) to a new
table with dates in the first row. I would like the data to be copied
starting at the column which matches the startdate. I have figured out a
complicated way to do this using the OFFSET function in the spreadsheet but
its a mess. I'd prefer to do it in VBA to keep it a little tidier. I also
want to avoid absolute cell references. Here's an example:

Input Table
Project Startdate $Period1 $Period2 $Period3
ProjectA 2010 $1 $2 $3
ProjectB 2012 $10 $12 $14
ProjectC 2011 $3 $4 $5

I need a macro that will transform the above table into the following:
Project 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014
Project A $1 $2 $3 $0 $0
Project B $0 $0 $10 $12 $14
Project C $0 $3 $4 $5 $0