Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] herpers@wiso.uni-koeln.de is offline

Default write to range object using vb.net

Hi,

hopefully this is the right group for posting my question.

I'm writing an automation addin for excel using vb.net. One of my
function should be able to overwrite the cell values of a range object
passed as parameter to the function. Here is a small sample of the
function header:

Public Function WriteData(ByRef ResultCells As Range) As Double

I tried the following:
ResultCells.Value2(1, 1) = 42
ResultCells.Value(1, 1) = 42
ResultCells.Cells(1, 1).FormularR1C1 = 42

None of these calls work.

Does anybody know how to overwrite values of a range object? Are there
any other ways to return multiple valus from a user-defined function?

Regards,
Sascha