Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jim Rech Jim Rech is offline

Default Excel ribbon problem with Quick access toolbar

I looked at his again as JJ emailed me directly. He thought that getLabel
was the problem attribute but, experiementing, it seems to be getScreentip.
If I remove that from my XML no problem. I searched on getScreentip and
found that we're not the only ones with the issue:

http://www.asap-utilities.com/blog/i...rsion-421-rc3/

It's funny, if you mouse-over some of my buttons so that you get the screen
tip, only the controls you do not mouse-over product the empty message box.
Once getScreenTip is called by Excel all is well.

--
Jim
"Ron de Bruin" wrote in message
| Hi JJ
|
| I report it to the Dev team directly
| No workaround at that moment and Jim and I try also a few things with no
luck.

| Could be the use of the Invalidate method at load a solution to force
the
| update of the strings before a user can select €śAll commands€ť in the
€śQuick
| Access Toolbar€ť Menu?
|
| I see if I have time to play with it soon
| I am sure that Jim will read this thread also so maybe he also will look
again.

| --
|
| Regards Ron de Bruin
| http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm
|

| "JJ" wrote in message
| Ron,
|
| Thank you for the information.
|
| Do you know, if a case id exists for this problem at Microsoft like
|
| CASE_ID_NUM: SRX080129600328?
|
| Does a work-around exist for this issue?
|
| For example is it possible to force Excel 2007 at load of the user
defined
| ribbon to load all the texts that correspond to the getLabels?
|
| Could be the use of the Invalidate method at load a solution to force
the
| update of the strings before a user can select €śAll commands€ť in the
€śQuick
| Access Toolbar€ť Menu?
|
| Regards
|
| JĂĽrgen
|

| "Ron de Bruin" wrote:
|
| Hi JJ
|
| The problem in my example is the same than in Jim's example. Is there
a way
| to solve the problem and having work the "All commands" option
correctly?

| No, I report this bug and I hope it will be fixed in a update.
| But I think it will be the next Excel version
|

| --
|
| Regards Ron de Bruin
| http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm
|

| "JJ" wrote in message
| Hello,
|
| The problem in my example is the same than in Jim's example. Is there
a way
| to solve the problem and having work the "All commands" option
correctly?

| Regards
|
| JĂĽrgen
|

| "Ron de Bruin" wrote:
|
| Hi JJ
|
| I think you are talking about the same bug we have when we use Jim's
add-in from my site

| http://www.rondebruin.nl/ribbon.htm
| See point 4
|
| Do you see the same problem as in your workbook
|

| --
|
| Regards Ron de Bruin
| http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm
|

| "JJ" wrote in message
| Hello,
|
| I am having errors in the €śMore Commands€¦€ť menu of the €śCustomize
Quick
| access Toolbar€ť in Excel 2007 when I use a user defined ribbon.
|
| I define the ribbon using an xml declaration and vba code as
described in
| the Office 2007 tutorial on this subject.
|
| When I use the getLabel=€ťxxx€ť command to charge my menu items
according to
| the language selection, the €śAll Commands€ť selection in the €śMore
Commands€¦€ť
| menu of the €śCustomize Quick access Toolbar€ť will generate an
empty error
| message for every getLabel command used in the XML ribbon
definition.

xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2006/01/customui"
| <ribbon startFromScratch="false"
| <tabs
| <tab id="CustomTab" label="XLSTAT"
|

| <group id="Group17" getLabel="GroupLabel"
getVisible="ModuleVisible"