Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Joergen Bondesen Joergen Bondesen is offline

Default Max character for each column.

Hi Alan

Thanks, it works fine, but I need a VBA solution. My mistake, sorry.

--
Best regards
Jorgen Bondesen

"Alan Moseley" skrev i en meddelelse
Use an array formula at the bottom of each column. For example if you
want
to see the longest strings in cells A1 to A150000 use the formula:-

=MAX(LEN(A1:A150000))

Don't just press enter after entering this formula, hold down Crtl and
Shift
and then press enter.

--
Alan Moseley IT Consultancy
http://www.amitc.co.uk

If I have solved your problem, please click Yes below. Thanks.

"Joergen Bondesen" wrote:

Hi NG.

I have a spreadsheet with 7 columns and 150000 rows.

For each column i want to know max. character include spaces.

I can test all cells, one by one per column, but I need at faster way.

Any suggestion?

--
Best regards
Jorgen Bondesen