Carole O

Susanne -

To switch (transpose) the columns/rows, highlight the entire spreadsheet,
open up a new sheet, Edit, Paste Special, Transpose, OK. Chip Pearson has
info about Date Arithmetic (www.cpearson.com/excel/datearith.htm

HTH,
Carole O

"susanne in new jersey" wrote:

Here's my problem...I have a list of bills for workers' comp claimants. Each
bill is in a row with a specific service type (occup med center, radiology,
surgery, physical therapy). The columns house the claimant name, date of
service, a physician name. I need to create a "story" for each claimant
showing the number of days between each service transaction (between
physician visit and surgery, for example). I was thinking that the best way
to do this would be to switch my rows into colums. How would I pull specific
rows (I have a column label with the types of service) into columns. Then if
I do this, is there a simple way to count the number of days between each
type of service. Also, each "story" is unique. For example, some claimants go
to physical therapy before surgery, some after.