Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ron de Bruin Ron de Bruin is offline

Default How to check IF new folder has any workbooks in it.

You can use Dir to test if the file is there

If Dir("C:\Testfolder\ron.xls") < "" Then
'is there
Else
'not there

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Simon" wrote in message ...
Hi,

Every month I run macros which populate the latest months folder. I
wish to run a macro to test whether I have ran this macro yet this
month. So I thought of running a macro that tried to call up a known
file from that folder and if a file is there, a MsgBox returns "Macro
already ran this month".

However if I run it and nothing is there, becuase I asked for the
designated workbook to be there, it will cause a debug error.

How do I get round this (I thought with an If statement)

Thanks in advance :-)

Simon